In the days, weeks and months following a loss, it’s important to remember the grieving process has no set timeline. Grieving is not a linear experience or the same from person to person— some days you may feel positive, while others may feel hopeless.
To help guide you through your grief journey, continue reading below for reliable information about life after a loss.
Grief Resources for the Bereaved
During periods of intense grief, people often don’t realize that it’s okay to feel a wide array of emotions. While there’s no right or wrong way to grieve the loss of a loved one, there are healthy ways to cope with grief, including:
- Accept that grief can trigger unexpected feelings, including anger and denial.
- Understand that the grieving process will be unique to you and your situation.
- Seek out support from family members, friends and professional support groups.
- Support yourself emotionally by taking care of yourself physically.
- Recognize the difference between grief and depression.
These are all healthy ways to cope with grief that, in time, can help you come to terms with your loss.
If at any point you feel the pain is too much to handle, consider seeking support to help you through the difficult time.
Receive Expert Guidance Throughout Your Grief Journey
Having experienced loss, we know just how painful losing a loved one can be.
That’s why we’ve created A Journey Towards Healing—our weekly newsletter to connect you to reliable, expert information as you embark on your grief journey.
When you subscribe, you’ll receive the following information straight to your inbox:
- Grief support tips for returning to life after a loss.
- Facts to help you understand the physical and emotional symptoms of grief.
- Local grief support group features to connect you with expert help.
Plus, you’ll receive weekly emails of encouragement across an entire year of your grief experience.
So whether your loss was two weeks or two months ago, we encourage you to sign up for our newsletter, A Journey Towards Healing.
Image credit: Unsplash